Travelling the Adriatic Highway to northern Dalmatia, between the historical cities of Sibenik and Zadar, you will see a natural phenomenon of the two equally attractive, and yet so different blue. On the one hand indented Adriatic coast, famous for its inviting beauty and purity, and on the other, the largest natural lake in Croatia.
As one of the few almost untouched natural habitats of birds, with a spring and an area of distinct specificities and biodiversity 21.07.1999. Mr. Vrana with the surrounding area was declared a nature park. The boundaries of the park is located between Pirovac and Pakoštane. Park is a large 57 km2 and 30.02 km2 most applicable to Vrana placed in the northwest-southeast and providing a parallel to the coastline of which, in places less than a kilometer away. By its specific characteristics in Croatia but also in the wider European area. It is actually a Karst valley filled with brackish water and is kriptodepresiju.
The dominant feature of the park is a special ornithological reserve, which is due to preservation of a large vineCaka the NW part of the lake as a habitat for wetland systems, high biodiversity, outstanding scientific and ecological value is the 1983rd g. got that status, and was added to the list of important ornithological areas in Europe (Important Bird Areas in Europe).
The particularity of the Park
- largest lake in Croatia, along the lower course of the Neretva River, the only major wetlands in the Mediterranean Croatian
- special ornithological reserve
- habitat for four species of endangered birds at the European level
- habitat for seven species of endangered birds at the national level
- gnijezdeća largest populations of the Little cormorant (Phalacrocorax pygmeus) in Croatia
- only nest in the Mediterranean Croatia loitering Heron (Ardea purpurea), Great white heron (Egretta alba), a small white heron (Egretta garzetta) Little cormorant (Phalacrocorax pygmeus)
- inhabited species included in the convention on migratory species (Bonn Convention)
- "Hot spot" areas - a very large variety ornithofauna (246 species, 102 species gnijezdarica)
- number of waterbirds wintering over 100 000 individuals
- rich history (the first is dating 2000 years BC).
Lake Vrana stretching over 50 km of cycling paths which differ in weight and the landscape through which pass.
The most common routes of our visitors in Crow starts at the local church and continue the path climbs the hill Majdan, which oversees the entire ornithological park and continues north shore of the lake in the Southeast direction.
Weather forecast for Šibenik